From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM6500 internal triggering

To start with,  I want to be able to use the front terminals to measure a current sweep and I want it to trigger when it senses some current. I don't know what to do with the "Channel List" inputs and that seems to be generating an error.DMM6500Errors.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)

To get better advice and help you'll need to better describe your situation and what you are trying to measure (current ramp? DC pulse? slow AC signal?).  If you are using the front inputs then no channel list should be needed, but you might need to add a constant or empty variable to satisfy the VI..I forget the exact format.  Look at how its handled in the driver Examples folder or in that VI's help.

Besides that you need to move the Close.vi outside of the while loop, similar to the Init.vi, or the loop will run once and start throwing errors.  You might also want to move the logic for determining if its the right instrument model outside of the while loop also.  Or better still move all the setup outside of the while loop, do it just once,  then just reset the trigger and do measurements in a loop as needed.

But like I said its not clear what you want to measure so its not clear how best to advise.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,166 Views)