LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA 8237

Hi

Have you ever programmed the 8237 DMA controller? I have a dll, which assures direct access to all the registers. I programmed everything as it is described in:

Of course I have done it in LabView. And just doesn´t want to work.

Ideas?

Thanks
Mitulatbati
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,587 Views)
Hi!

You give not a lot of information. What exactly is not working? Do you get an error message? Do you have a example code? Which dll are you using? Are you sure, the dll is working fine?
Without more information it is quite hard to help you!

Thanks, RMathews
Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,577 Views)
Hi,

Ok, let me clear the things. I have a dll, which enables direct access to all the registers. This dll I have downloaded from

The TVicHW32.dll is used, more exact, the SetPortByte() and the GetSysDmaBuffer() functions. GetSysDmaBuffer() allocates a space in the memory for the DMA transfer.
I allocate the memory, then set the DMA registers according to the above mentioned documentaton, then enable the DMA channel (channel 5, 16 bit transfer). My external device wants already to transfer its data to the PC via DMA, but nothing happens.

I expect, that the register addresses are correct. As I read, these addresses are standard since middle of the 80´s.

LV 7.0.

regards
MB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,574 Views)
Hi Mitulatbati!

Unfortunaltly I cant run your VI. Can you please attach the TV_SetPortByte.vi as well?

Thank you!
RMathews
Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,564 Views)
Hi Rmathews,

I just put the CIF´s into the vi, now it is readable without TV_SetPortByte.vi
Thanks for the effort, I hope you find out somoething.

MB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,560 Views)