Did you mean: 

DLL prototype issue for loading PCAP File

Solved!
Go to solution

Great news!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(691 Views)

@TenJigoku77 wrote:

Hi guys !

I'm happy to announce you that the solution with tshark is working fine.
I didn't finalize my application but it is well on track.

So I launch tshark from "system exec.vi" and I execute severals command line to : 

1) Select the interface

2) Acquire frames during a specified amoung of time, or after n packets acquired

3) Store those data in a pcap file

4) Read the pcap file and extract data as a json or xml file

I even succeed in selecting the correct channel for my zigbee network by re-writting the correct file.

Idem for the zigbee network key.

Anyway thanks guys for your help, you changed my week ^^

I have a similar requirement of Capturing the UDP data Frame Data )and Saving the same as pcap file and load/replay  back the saved pcap file in LabVIEW UI.

Please share the one you have tried to check whether that suits my requirement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(550 Views)

Hi !
I used the following command line :

TenJigoku77_0-1685130436824.png

the description of the command lines elements can be found here :
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html

I chosed to save the data as a json file, in order to read the data later with a labview thread, and as a pcap to be able to read the data back with wireshark if needed.
After that I needed to extract all the desired data from the json file. It's here that I spent a lot of time ^^'

Message 13 of 17
(538 Views)

Thanks for the response, I will try based on the suggestion.

What does the sub vi does, does it logs the data. If yes how?

Thanks a million.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(529 Views)

Hi !
This sub vi starts tshark, and then tshark will log acquire data and log them as specified in the command line.
In this command line, for example I specified the path file and the extension (pcap and json).
So technically it's tshark that does all the work, this sub vi just call tshark. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(516 Views)

Hi!

How do you stop the tshark capture?  Do you send a Ctrl-C command through the system exec?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(424 Views)

I think you have two options.  The first is to configure tshark to run for a certain amount of time and then it exits by itself.  The other is to kill it from the taskkill command (from a new prompt).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(417 Views)