From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Compatibility on PharLap/LabVIEW RT

I have a DLL that I'd like to include in a RT application running on PharLap.  I've checked it with the NI DLL Checker and it flags the DLL bad as it internally makes calls to mscoree.dll

What DLLs are included in the PharLap subset of Win32?  Is anything which called mscoree.dll incompatible or do I need to point the DLL Checker tools to a different mscoree.dll than the one on my local Windows OS?

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,887 Views)

PharLap has pretty much all of ANSI C plus some NI specific functionalities. If you compile your DLL (from source) using LabVIEW CVI it tells you exactly what it is struggling with and you can replace those code sections with supported functionality (if possible). Also LabVIEW CVI has a list of all available libraries and functions and therefore is the easiest place to start. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,849 Views)

mscoree.dll is the .Net core library. It means that your DLL is most likely a .Net assembly rather than a normal DLL and both .Net and ActiveX are definitely not something that will ever run on Pharlap.

Basically Pharlap supports the Win32 API from around Windows NT 4.0 without Unicode and user access control, file access security and other such features that are more targeted at server applications than embedded control. Anything introduced in later Windows versions except a few Windows 2000 APIs is basically not supported. That includes the complete .Net shenanigan. ActiveX is not supported since Microsoft used this technology to protect its Windows operating system from people trying to clone it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 3
(2,844 Views)