From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP fails

Solved!
Go to solution

We are attempting to update an IPC with 2015 stuff. It had been working fine on Labview 2014. It is a Siemens IPC that has an Intel 1000e NIC and also an Intel 8254 NIC. It apparently boots and attempts to get an IP from DHCP and we have it connected to a router with DHCP enabled. At least it says it tries DHCP. It fails and we get 169.254.23.139 as an IP address. Oddly the 8254 NIC appears not connected and looking in the BIOS setup, it cannot be selected.

Words of wisdom? We cannot talk to this machine now through ethernet.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,793 Views)

You have driver issues with your PC.  Is that correct?

This forum is geared towards answering questions about LabVIEW.  The problem appears to be before LabVIEW is part of the equation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,775 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmack

It does indeed happen before Labview. My first time to ask a question in the forums. We are trying to get a new version of a Realtime labview project running.

There were numerous configuration issues that we discovered basically by accident. Fortunately, we are on to the next steps. The 1000e NIC was not giving us activity lights for some reason and then magically started. Networks can be frustrating!

I tried to search for my post to let folks know I got it working but couldn't find it. The email got me here!

Next step is to figure out how to mark this as answered?

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,765 Views)