LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Tools Execute Query no error sometimes no update probably when multi-user simultaneous, one in lock

Good day,

I have updated from labSQL to Database Connectivity Toolkit in labVIEW 2016 for one major centralized MSAccessDB, via ODBC (or MSAccess2007), an ohter MSAccessDB still accessed with labSQL (ADO-ODBC).

This major database must be accessed from 3 PCs, running the same labVIEW code + I simulated a semaphore to lock with an extra MSAccessDB (exclusive access).

Sometime, now, with lv2016 Database Connectivity toolkit (NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Execute Query), I assume no error appears (but If I have the opportunity, I will add general error handler immediately after the Execute Query to be sure) and we see that sometimes, the MSAccessDB is not updated!!

Can this be caused  by using MSAccessDBEngine 2007 (for locking with extra dummy MSAccessDB + minor other logging DB) together with this Database Connectivity Toolkit ?

All on MSWindows7.

Best regards,

Kdc 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,434 Views)

There are a number of things that could go wrong but unfortunately, without seeing your code, we can only guess.  Please share a code snippet.

Why did you choose Access for your dB?  MSSQL Express is available for free.  MySQL, the next best choice, is also available for free.  Neither of these dB programs have limitations on concurrent connections. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,405 Views)

We are indeed thinking about porting to MSSQLServer or MySQL. But almost everyone is familiar with MSAccess. And some databases of us are no flat table, but exists of subtables as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,377 Views)