From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx not showing up even after driver installation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone!

I need to use DAQmx to read data from an ethernet chassis. 

I installed the DAQmx driver and rebooted the computer after. 

However, DAQmx pallette is still not showing up in LabVIEW.

The driver was installed completely and the computer was rebooted. 

Please suggest the steps to make DAQmx show up in LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,185 Views)

Did you install LabVIEW first?

Did you select LabVIEW support when installing DAQmx?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,180 Views)

Yes, LabVIEW is installed and I selected LabVIEW support. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,162 Views)

I really need DAQmx to work on a certain computer. 

Please suggest any and all solutions. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,158 Views)

@RocketScientistRiddle wrote:

I really need DAQmx to work on a certain computer. 

Please suggest any and all solutions. 

First, go to the "certain computer".  Verify that LabVIEW (what version?) is installed on this computer.  Tell us (a) the Operating System (Windows 7?  Windows 10?  Windows XP?), (b) whether the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, (c) the Version of LabVIEW, and (d) whether LabVIEW is 32-bit or 64-bit.  Note that the "safest" (most robust, particularly for older LabVIEW versions) combination is 64-bit Windows and 32-bit LabVIEW.

Assuming this computer does have LabVIEW, does it have MAX?  If "Yes", then open MAX, expand the Software Tab, and take a Screen Shot of all of the installed Software that MAX "sees" and post that, as well.

Now we will have some information about your "certain computer" and can make some (possibly intelligent) suggestions, instead of "guesses" (not that a Good Guess might hit on the solution to your problem ...).

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I have "borrowed" this from RTSLVU's current signature.  It's not exactly appropriate (no "code" is involved), but the idea is the same ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, most readers of this Forum, including some real Experts, have not mastered the skill of being able to read the code that Posters fail to post. If we cannot see "what you did wrong", we are unable to tell you how to fix it. (Bob Schor 28 August 2018)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,154 Views)

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your time and guidance.

The info you asked for is :

System is Windows 10 64-bit 

Labview is 2014 32-bit 

Computer does have MAX 

The screenshot of MAX software tab is attached.

Again, thank you and get back to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,139 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RocketScientistRiddle

You need DAQmx 14.0 to 17.6 for it to work with LabVIEW 2014.

DAQ mx 18.5 is too new and dropped support for LV 14

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,122 Views)
Solution

DAQmx 18.5 is not compatible with LabVIEW 2014.  DAQmx 17.6 is the latest version that supports LabVIEW 2014, but it will not have support for LabVIEW 2018.

DAQmx and LabVIEW Compatibility

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,121 Views)
Solution

Unfortunately, by installing LabVIEW 2018, you have "killed" your LabVIEW 2014 installation.  The system you can use is LabVIEW 2018, 64-bit, as all the device drivers and other software will work with it, with the exception (possibly) of VISA, which seems to be an old version.  [Look that the Software list in MAX that you, very helpfully, attached, thank you!].

You have two choices:

• Use the existing LabVIEW 2018 64-bit installation.  If you have code written in LabVIEW 2014, you should be able to open it in LabVIEW 2018 and have it converted pretty seamlessly.  Be warned, though, that once you save it, you (and your partners) will not be able to open it in LabVIEW 2014.  If you choose this path, you might consider trying to remove LabVIEW 2014, 32-bit, as it has no supporting routines installed.
  • Go back to using LabVIEW 2014, 32-bit.  This is considerably more difficult, as you will need to remove all of the LabVIEW installations on your system, and then do a re-installation of LabVIEW 2014 (32-bit), the Toolkits and Modules you need, and the LabVIEW 2014 Device Drivers (and DAQmx).  Note that you should not install the LabVIEW 2018 Device Drivers on a LabVIEW 2014 system!  This solution is further complicated by the presence of the National Instruments Package Manager (NIPM), which NI now uses to install (and remove) LabVIEW.  If you choose this route, I wrote a Forum Post describing how to do this here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,112 Views)

What do you mean I have killed my labview 2014 installation?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,098 Views)