LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx multiple channel independent generation

I have a question about DAQmx and output generation. Is it necessary to create a task and create channels before you write to them?

The problem with adding the channels to a task first (if I have understood it right) is that if there are multiple channels on the task they have to be updated at the same time. In my application the number of output channels can vary from time to time. I would like to update each channel (single sample) on demand independently (I haven't found a Write property that selects channels in an equivalent way that exists in the Read property).

I do not want to use MAX to make a configuration, but to read configuration from a configuration file (eg number of channels etc), so I will not have access to global virtual channels. Can you just set the physical channel as input to the "Write Task.vi"?
If this is possible, I guess that Start/Stop task.vi can't be used, so What extra time does it take for each generation compare to if the task is started before writing?

I do not have access to any output device yet so I can't really try this with my implementation, so I hope anyone can give some input...

/Henrik
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,095 Views)

The last I tried they have to be in the same task...

Best way to know is to try it though...

Use the rating system, otherwise its useless; and please don't forget to tip your waiters!
using LV 2010 SP 1, Windows 7