cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx is missing in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have just installed NI MAX 17.0.0 and LabView 2017 Professional Development System.

I have a USB-6008 DAQ board and have it installed (i.e. I see it in MAX, test it, can make a task etc.)

However in LabView any reference to DAQmx is missing - I cannot read a task for example. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kris_D

And you have installed NI DAQmx 17.1 with support for LabVIEW 2017 checked? 

And you installed DAQmx after LabVIEW was installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kris_D

You need to install LabVIEW first.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-17.0/6624/en/

Thank you for using NI-DAQmx 17.0.0.  NI-DAQmx provides support for customers using NI Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning Devices.

Install Application Development Environments, such as NI LabVIEW or Microsoft Visual Studio®, before installing NI-DAQmx. NI-DAQmx 17.0.0 supports the following NI Application Development Environment versions:

NI Application Software Versions Supported by NI-DAQmx 17.0.0
NI LabVIEW 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
LabWindows/CVI 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017
NI Measurement Studio 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015
NI SignalExpress

2014 and 2015

Message 3 of 5
(3,348 Views)

Thanks a lot - I uninstalled an reinstalled in the right sequence (LabView first). Greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,309 Views)

@Kris_D wrote:

Thanks a lot - I uninstalled an reinstalled in the right sequence (LabView first). Greatly appreciated!

FYI, you did not have to uninstall.  You could have just installed DAQmx again.  All that would be installed would be the LabVIEW support, so it would have gone very fast.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,295 Views)