LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx installation error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a brand new computer with Windows7-64bit.  I installed LV 2010 with RT, FPGA, and all the drivers. No problem.  I then installed LV 2012 with RT, FPGA, some toolkits, and drivers.  I got one error message during installation about DAQmx.  I told it to continue.  I then got an error message at completion saying that something hadn't installed properly.  Both messages are attached below.  I uninstalled everything NI related and repeated.  Same result.  I can open and run both LabVIEW 2010 and 2012.  I can open MAX.  However, when I attach a USB-6008 to the computer, it says that the driver is not loaded.  MAX cannot see the 6008.  Which, of course, is consistent with the installation error.  Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

DaveT

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,825 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMT

Hi Dave,

This issue is often related to anti-virus software. Do you have any anti-virus software running on your new computer? If you do, please try uninstalling DAQmx,disabling the active virus scanning utility, and installing the drivers as administrator.

I hope this helps! Thanks,

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,799 Views)

Thanks!  That seems to have worked.  I'll apply updates now and see where I'm at...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,786 Views)