LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx error: Buffer size

I have an error with Buffer size. I have an HR100 LVDT with a DAQ 6009. I don't get this error when I take out my loop containing my write to file block. I've already looked at NI's boards on this topic and they were of no help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,775 Views)

Hi alaspina,

I don't get this error when I take out my loop containing my write to file block.

I don't believe this, but can't prove it…

Your DAQAssistent is set to read 5 million samples (!) at a rate of 1kS/s: this will take 5000s or 1h23m20s. The buffer needed for this will need from 5M*2bytes (raw data) to 5M*8bytes (DBL data): do you really think your little USB6009 will handle this?

- Do you really think your USB6009 will handle this sample rate at all? RTFM!

- Please rethink about setting reasonable combinations of "sample rate" and "samples to read"!

- What's the purpose of that mostly unwired "Wait for next sample clock" function?

- You really should read this and stay away from ExpressVIs when you want good performance of your VIs!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,744 Views)

Good catch. I was typing in values out of desperation. However, I normally stayed within 1000 samples to read and 2.5k hertz. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,721 Views)

the unwired block was something I was testing out and it didnt have any effect. I left it in there but yes it serves no purpose. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,720 Views)

Stil don't have a solution. Any help other than looking at NI web material I've already looked at is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,695 Views)

Here is the updated NI in case it was confusing to note that I was testing some parameters. I've kept the samples to read 1000 and the hertz at 2500 which was specified on the amplifier manual I followed. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,690 Views)

Hi alaspina,

you still don't mention the exact error number you get: which error is it exactly?

Did you look at my link given in my last comment? Did you look at all those example VIs coming with LabVIEW and DAQmx? There surely is an example about reading AI and saving data to file…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 7
(2,668 Views)