From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx driver for DAQ 6009? Need DAQ Assistant in Block Panel palette.

Do I understand things right?  The Ni USB DAQ 6009 is supported in DAQmx base and not DAQmx, or is this only true for the 6008? I need the DAQ Assistant in my LV 2009 Block Panel palette.  Do I go to my Ni-DAQmx 8.8 CDs, or do I download something.  Maybe I have the DAQmx base already?  I'm going to search my palette and NI Max.  I am also going to look at http://www.ni.com/support/daq/version_portable.htm#du.   If I'm going about this all wrong, please help.

Thanks

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,546 Views)
The 6008 and 6009 are supported by DAQmx. I don't know about base.

The version you install will depend on your version of LabVIEW. Any of the versions can be downloaded by clicking on the Support link at the top of the page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,542 Views)

Hi Dennis

My DAQmx Cds are 8.8.  I don't  have a selection for the DAQ Assistant on my block panel palette, so I'm looking to get an update for my DAQmx driver for my USB 6009 DAQ that I'll be using with my  student software for LabVIEW 2009 version 9.0.  I've looked at a NI document "NI-DAQmx and NI-DAQ Driver Support: Portable Devices"  that was published on Jan 17, 2013.  It says for Windows 7 I should be using 9.6mx, but this document make no reference to a version of LabVIEW.  The date of the document is 1/17/13; maybe it is refering to  only to version LabVIEW 2013.  Can you help?  

From what I've read I believe I need to use DAQmx and not DAQmx base, but I can't help wondering if the DAQmx base has something to do with the "NI DAQmx Device Basics" that I see on the right side of the screen when I'm in NI MAX getting ready to run the test panels.    ????? 

Thank you for your time

N.D.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,497 Views)

You can find the DAQmx <> LabVIEW version compatibility matrix here.

DAQmx 9.7 is the highest that still supports LabVIEW 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,489 Views)
The base version has nothing to do with the basics link. Base is primarily used on the Mac and Linux. It has reduced features and does not support the DAQ Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,481 Views)