LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx custom scale: how do you set MIN and MAX values?

Solved!
Go to solution

It is in mA only, 4-20 mA. But, there is no option select "mA" from the menu so, 0.004 to 0.02 Amp.

Still no luck after running the graph, I am not getting anything on the graph!

The connections are correct as it is running fine in DAQ Express. Not sure why I am not seeing any data in NI max w/ no error!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(687 Views)

Attach your actual VI.

Another thing you can do if you keep struggling with built-in scales is to just read the values as Amps, or milliamps, and proceed to do your own mathematical conversion in LabVIEW to degC.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(682 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

I do not have any VI as of now. Not familiar with LabVIEW so I am trying to avoid designing it in LabVIEW. I thought, I would just scale this NI max and if all works then learn/design this in LabVIEW. I am reading an actual mA value in DAQ Express, please see attached,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(680 Views)

I'm not familiar with DAQ Express.  I didn't even realize that was a product.  I thought you were talking about the DAQ Assistant Express VI in LabVIEW.

I see there is a DAQExpress forum.  You might want to post over there instead of this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(670 Views)

Will do.

BTW, I found a solution in DAQ Express itself. I added a scalar block to scale 4-20mA to 0-150 deg C. Please see attached.

Appreciate all your support on this.!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(636 Views)