LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Write (Counter Frequency) can cause LV2017 crash

Writing NaN to the duty cycle input of the DAQmx Write (Counter Frequency) VI will cause an abrupt crash of LabVIEW 17.0f2 (32-bit). So far it seems hardware independent. It will even happen with simulated cDAQ hardware. For example, create a cDAQ-9189 or 9178 chassis and add a 9401 or 9485 module. Run the attached VI with one of the counter channels selected. Click the Send NaN button and LabVIEW will crash. I realize NaN is not a valid input for duty cycle, but at worst it should generate an error rather than take down the entire application. Took me a while to figure this one out, but luckily the crash logs generated when running an EXE were pointing me to the VI that was causing the crash.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,370 Views)

Yes, I see the same bug. It crashes my LabVIEW dev environment (LV2017 f2 32 bit, Win7 x64):

bug_daqmx.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,296 Views)

Hello, 

Have you encountered this issue in previous versions of LabVIEW or have you only tested this on LabVIEW 2017? 

Regards, 

Shezaan Noorani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,270 Views)

I just down-converted and confirmed it will crash LV2015 as well. I have a feeling this might go pretty far back.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,264 Views)

I have submitted a Corrective Action Request with our R&D team CAR  679575

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,238 Views)