From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Start Trigger (Analog Edge).vi Keeps Returning Error 200077

Whenever I try to run any VI including DAQmx Start Trigger (Analog Edge).vi using my USB-6229, I get this error:

"Error -200077 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Trigger (arg 1) in DAQmx Start Trigger (Analog Edge).vi:1->Get Analog Input.vi

Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: Start.TrigType
You Have Requested: Analog Edge
You Can Select: Digital Edge, None

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2158>"

Any thoughts regarding what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

- FB

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,836 Views)

Hello FB,

Like the error message states, we cannot trigger a counter output with an analog trigger.  We can however, set an analog trigger on an analog input task and then trigger off of the AnalogComparisonEvent terminal.  To do this, set up an analog inputor output task.  This will just be a dummy task.  Set up your trigger for you analog edge and specify the channel and level you are looking at.  

Then, on your CO task place a digital start trigger.  When you specify the source of your trigger, you will want to right-click on your drop down box and select I/O name filtering.  And then select Include Advanced Terminals.  You should now be able to select AnalogComparisonEvent as a trigger source.

ScreenShot002.png ScreenShot003.png

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,806 Views)

ColeTrain wrote:

Hello FB,

Like the error message states, we cannot trigger a counter output with an analog trigger.  We can however, set an analog trigger on an analog input task and then trigger off of the AnalogComparisonEvent terminal.  To do this, set up an analog inputor output task.  This will just be a dummy task.  Set up your trigger for you analog edge and specify the channel and level you are looking at.  

Then, on your CO task place a digital start trigger.  When you specify the source of your trigger, you will want to right-click on your drop down box and select I/O name filtering.  And then select Include Advanced Terminals.  You should now be able to select AnalogComparisonEvent as a trigger source.

ScreenShot002.png ScreenShot003.png

Thanks for responding.

Just to prove that I am a total Gumby, I have the following questions:

1.  Do I set the dummy task up in LabVIEW?  MAX?

2.  What is a CO task?

Cheers,

FB

Forbes Black
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,803 Views)

Sorry FB,

CO is a counter output and the dummy task will be in LabVIEW. I am working on making up an example of how to do this.  I'll post again when I've got it up and working. Let me know if you have any other questions though.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,799 Views)

Ah.  Thanks again.  However, I am not trying to trigger a counter output.  I am trying to trigger an analog input task.

Sorry to be so thick.

Yours,

F

Forbes Black
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,797 Views)

Sorry FB,

I was assuming things.  Have you tried just running the example that comes with the example finder? Continuously aquire and graph voltage-Internal Clock-Analog start is a good example to try.  

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,795 Views)

I did try some of the examples, and they gave me the same error.  I will try the ones you suggest.

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

- FB

Forbes Black
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,793 Views)

Hy! I have the same problem with m-series 6229 card.

- Whenever I try to run any VI including DAQmx Start Trigger (Analog Edge).vi using PCI-6229, I get the same error.

Any solutions?

TNX

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,427 Views)

As the specs for the board states and the error message says, you don't have an analog trigger input. It supports only a digital trigger.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,413 Views)