From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Property Node greyed out

Hi,

From one day to another (i've re-installed my videocard driver) My DAQmx Property node gives a greyed out box with the text "no properties" when trying to select a property? And thus my whole application hangs on the initialization procedure, to check whether i've connected DAQ hardware or not?

I've re-installed the latest DAQmx but this doesn't seem to work? I work with LV 2015.

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,151 Views)

Hi,

can you maybe post the VI as well as an image so we can see this behaviour? What property are you trying to access? Is this the only problem you have or do the other VIs have problems as well?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,134 Views)

IMG_7341.JPG

I couldn't take a acreenshoot

So i took a photo

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,126 Views)

Looks to me like there's no reference (purple wire) passed to the property node. After looking at the System property node I suspect that it has always been like that...

What about the stuff, I wrote earlier? Does everything else work fine? Can you run a simple DAQmx example? Is the palette even still there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,119 Views)

The wierd thing is that there has never been an input there, the node is self suffiecient. All my DAQmx nodes aren't working? Should i completely reïnstall LV 2015 with DAQmx??

It's alot of work!

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,106 Views)

Depending on what else you have installed a complete reinstall is a lengthy process. I also find it weird that all this is caused by a videodriver re-install... Is the DAQmx palette even still there?

The first thing, I would try is to repair the driver. If you have the driver installed and try to install it again it might not work, which maybe happened here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,101 Views)

The whole pallete is still there...

Maybe a re-install then?

Best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,098 Views)

As I said: try a repair first.