LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Create Channel polymorphic VI - what to select when connecting ICP pressure sensor

Hello ,

I have pressure sensor from PCB , model number is 113B27 which is ICP make.

I am using NI 9218 universal analog input module on compact DAQ to measure pressure.

I use DAQmx Create Task.vi, then DAQmx Create Scale and then DAQmx Create Channel.

DAQmx Create Channel is a polymorphic VI which accepts Analog Input of type current, voltage, resistance, torque etc etc..

My porblem is that I do not see pressure IEPE type in that polymorphic selection. Only Force IEPE  is there and Velocity IEPE is there.

What should I choose to connect my PCB make ICP pressure sensor. Should I use Analog Input Sound Pressure?

Please let me know. Also my pressure sensor specification is for +/- 5 V for 100 psi and sensitivity is 50mV/psi.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,762 Views)

Hello Hemagopal,

First of all, you  have to verify if the sensor 113B27 is of type brigde. You can not use Analog Input Sound Pressure because it is for a small scale. In the case of

"Force" you only have three options Bridge (Two-Point Linear Scale), Bridge (Table Scale) and Bridge (Polynomial Scale). So, you have to locate which category belongs your sensor.

Regards,

Lis Villanueva.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,685 Views)