LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx -89125 Trigger Error

Hi all

Here's a brief discussion of my application and system. I have a PXI-8110 controller, PXI-1045 chassis, 4 units of PXI-6133 DAQ cards and a couple of other (currently not being used) PXI modules. Two of the PXI-6133 cards are used to perform measurement from one laser receiver system. Since there are two laser receiver systems, I need four PXI-6133 cards. The measurements from these two receiver systems are triggered by a proximity sensor and thus, the measurements are done independently or asynchronously. Currently, the cards are located in slot 2,3,4 and 5 of the 18 slot PXI chassis. 

In the program, I'm using two while loops, which the second while loop is just a duplicate of the first loop. This means that there are two DAQmx tasks running in parallel - the first task acquire from PXI-6133 cards in slot 2 and 3, while the second task acquire from the cards in slot 4 and 5. When I ran the program, I receive error -89125 (see attached 'Error -89125.png' image) at DAQmx Start Task of either one of the two loops - if the first loop acquires first, the error will be at the Start Task of the second loop and vice versa. I checked ni.com and based from my understanding from my reading, this is due to the availability of the trigger bus on the PXI. I loaded MAX and check at the 'trigger' tab at PXI-1045 and found out that there are three trigger buses. The first bus is from slot 2 to 6. So, based from my understanding, the error occurred because the first trigger bus has been occupied by one of the acquisition loop and when the second loop tries to use the same trigger bus, there's conflict. Please advice if I'm wrong. 

That's the first issue 🙂 So, believing that that was the error, the quick and easiest solution was to move the remaining two cards from slot 4 and 5 to 7 and 8 (on the second trigger bus). Once I've done this, I loaded MAX and check the PXI-cards. See image 'PXI-6133(1).png'. I realized that the moved PXI cards have different green icon (to the left of the PXI slot number) compared to the rest. Also, I realized that the driver was not loaded up properly. Referring to the same image file, by highlighting the DAQ card, I should be seeing buttons like 'test panel', 'self calibration', etc (the same thing should appear if I right click on the DAQ device name - see image 'PXI-6133(OK).png'). Instead, the options are very limited - the available buttons are only 'Open VISA' and save. 

I thought this may be a driver issue. So, I went into Device Manager and verified that Windows has correctly identify the cards correctly - no problem here. I then moved the cards back to its original position - slot 4 and 5, and yet, the problem persists. After so many times I moved PXI cards around, this is the first time I came across this issue. Please advice what could have been wrong and the solution. 

Many thanks for your help!

Shazlan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,628 Views)

Sorry, I forgot to attach the pseudo-code of the program. Please refer to the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,627 Views)

I just realize that I've posted this on the wrong board and assume that's why I didn't get any response. How do I 'transfer' this post to the DAQ board? Please advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,608 Views)