LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQAssisant falls over when using Vista Home Premimum and Vista Ultimate

After 25 hours if of installing and de-installing and rebuiling my laptop with Labview 8.5 and Testand 4.0 running Vista, I have no luck what so ever, i have just re-built an older laptop and that has the same problems. Ihave downloadeded the lastest device drivers and i have tried 3 installation disc sets just in case one is corrupt. But no luck, any help would be greatful.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(645 Views)
Hi OCX,
This older laptop you re-built, I presume it is operating on Vista as well? Can I clarify that this is only happening on Vista when you open MAX? All other NI software you have got installed on your Vista machine run as nomal?

TobyD,
What version of LabVIEW are you running and are you able to post your screenshot of the error you get? Does this error occur when you place a specific express VI in your block diagram?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(609 Views)

Hi Kabul,

This error occurs any time I place or try to configure the Instrument I/O Assistant Express VI. I am running LV 8.5 on Vista. I have tried different versions of the drives and DAQ and I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(598 Views)
TobyD,

The I/O assistant is used to simplify VISA and GPIB functions, the VISA and 488.2 driver must be installed before trying to reinstall the assistant. Is this what you were doing? Take a look at this KB and let me know if the steps outlined are useful in any way.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(578 Views)
That took care of the problem. Thank you! I had tried to re-install the drivers, but then I hadn't gone back and re-installed the Instrument I/O assistant (I had tried that first).
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(570 Views)