From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ mx Samples

Hi,

i am doing with LabVIEW 8,5. I have some questions about the Sample. In DAQmx Read Function there are analog-single channel single sample and muliple samples, what are the differencese between them? And what does muliple channels single sample and muliple samples mean?

in DAQmx Timing Function, there are finite sample and continious sample modes. I am not clear what is influence from sample rate when continious sample. How can be specified the time delay between 2 neigbour samples when continious?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,412 Views)

Single means one and multiple means more than 1. It's really pretty basic. If you select single channel single sample, you will get 1 sample from 1 channel. If you select 1 channel multiple samples, you will get more than 1 sample from that single channel.

Finite and continuous are also pretty basic principles. If you select finite samples, the DAQmx Read does a single acquisition when called, returns the requested number of samples, and stops until called again. If continous, acquisition is nonstop and you have to keep reading at a sufficient pace in order to keep the acquisition buffer from overflowing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,400 Views)