LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ continuous collection for load cell

I have a honeywell load cell connected to a NI cDAQ-9174. I'm trying to make a labview program that records data for a long period of time (0.5-1.5 hrs). Using the DAQ Assist in labview I can make the load cell output a graph over a few seconds, but how do I design something that records continously for an hour?

I have attached a few images and files of what I am working with. Everything in the DAQ assist box is regarding the loadcell, the rest is for another apparatus.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,728 Views)

I don't understand where you are having a problem.  If you press run, the VI will keep running and outputting data until you hit stop.

One problem your code has is that it only stops on an error.  You should wire the stop button to the stop terminal of the while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,727 Views)

The VI continuously runs and outputs a graph every few seconds, but it doesn't record the data over the entire time I run it (or I just don't know how to access the recording.) If I run this VI, the graph changes every few moments to reflect the change, but if i hit export to excel, it only exports whats in the current frame. I'm trying to have a data set that spans the entire time the VI is running.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,725 Views)

You are using a waveform graph.  That only shows what is input at a given iteration.  Perhaps you want a waveform chart which maintains a history of what was written to it before.  Of course there is a limit to the history.  You can make the history longer, but ultimately there is a memory limit to how much history you can maintain.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,723 Views)

How would I go about doing that? I apologize I'm new to labview.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,721 Views)

Put a waveform chart on the front panel instead of a waveform graph.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Message 6 of 6
(2,718 Views)