LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed Labview 8.0.1 and then installed NI Daqmx 8.8 (also NI Daq Base 1.4 is installed for NI USB9161). Other hardware I have is NI USB 9162 (with temp NIcRIO 9211) and NI USB 6008. I do not have a DAQ assistant under express>> input>>. Reading other threads I checked measurement I/O>> and have no NI DAQmx present. What is wrong?? 

Thanks,

Joe 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,586 Views)

DAQmx version 8.8 is no longer compatible with LV 8.0.  The latest version you can us is 8.7.1

NI-DAQ & LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joebie
The original suggestion worked a month ago, but now I have an additional hardware NI cDAQ 9174 that came with a new version of NIDAQmx 9.1.  After installing this again I have no DAQ assistant. Is there any solution to this? I have labview 8.0.1. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,529 Views)
If DAQmx version 8.8 isn't compatible with LV 8, then DAQmx 9.1 certainly isn't going to be compatible either.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,526 Views)

Is the only solution then upgrading Labview then If I want to use DAQ assistant with this hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,513 Views)

Why would you mark your question as the solution?

No, your other option would be to use different hardware. It's reall ty quite simple. Your version of LabVIEW has stopped being supported with DAQmx. So, if you have hardware that is only supported by newer versions of DAQmx, then you have to upgrade LabVIEW or use hardware that is supported with the old version of DAQmx. I think that in the long run, you would be much better off upgrading LabVIEW. Version 8.0 was not (imho), a very robust release.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,508 Views)