LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Card Assistant. URGENT.

hello, WE tried connecting LED to the analog output port of an ni-6008 DAQ card, but the LED didn't glow. Is that because the ports may not be functional? How do we test these ports? We have attached the vi herewith.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,548 Views)

LEDs are current activated devices and anallog outputs typically can't drive them. Try a digital output, also show the schematic of the hardware you are using to connect to the LED. Is the load resistor correct?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,528 Views)

@svans5 wrote:

hello, WE tried connecting LED to the analog output port of an ni-6008 DAQ card, but the LED didn't glow. Is that because the ports may not be functional? How do we test these ports? We have attached the vi herewith.

You did not attach any code.

You need to figure out how much current you can draw from the AO port (I think it has a 50 Ohm resistor). maybe you need some external circuit. Also remember that LEDs are unidirectional. They will only work in one direction, so try to reverse them.

What kind of LEDs are you trying to use? There are tiny ones that draw very little current and there are big ones that can be used as car headlights. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,522 Views)

thanks a lot!! it worked...  🙂

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,495 Views)

The Labview VI has been attached here. How do we rectify the error being shown? The program uses two water level sensors which give analog voltage signals to the DAQ card. These are then used to turn on or off the relay connected to the motor. In this illustration we're using LEDs at each output. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,485 Views)

vi is given below

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,481 Views)

You are sending an array of three booleans, but the DAQ assistan3 is only configured for one.

Well, you should probably start with one of the desing templates and do a proper state machine architecture. Why are there so many sequence frames in the sequence structure (For example the execution order of the code in the first three frame is irrelevant, so why chop up the dataflow?)? I would not trap the code with 60 seconds waits.  Keep the program interactive!

Sorry, I hate express VIs and dynamic data, because they obscure way too much. I personally don't use them, so I am not sure what you get if an output tunnel uses default if unwired. I would probably use lower level DAQ and more defined datatypes for clarity.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,448 Views)