LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant

Hi! I have recently started to use LabView 7.1 students edition for a project for my university, I have installed LabView 7.1 and I can't find anywhere the DAQ Assistant Express VI (not even on the Input palette)... I got the student edition after buying a NI-DAQmx with its NI USB-6008 device... Can anyone tell me where can I find the DAQ Assistant Express or where can I download it? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,304 Views)
I am also using the Labview 7.1 version. Initially I have faced the same problem since I am using PCI 6115 which is not support by DAQmx driver. If you are using PCI-6115, PCI-6115 is not supported by the DAQmx driver. The DAQ Assistant can only be used with the DAQmx driver. Due to the fact that the PCI-6115 simultaneous sampling S Series board is only supported with Traditional DAQ, you want to use the Traditional DAQ VIs to configure Virtual Channels. These virtual channels are located from the front panel at All Controls >> I/O >> Traditional DAQ Channel. After placing it on the front panel, you can right click on the control and select New Channel to configure your device DAQmx driver is not available when I have started the Data Acquisition. Instead, I recommend you to implement a program in labview (which is simple) - which acoomplishes the desired task.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,290 Views)
I just wanted to clear up some confusion on both posts here. Logan...the DAQ Assistant will not work for you because the 6008 device is only supported in DAQmx base. The Assistant will only work with devices supported in NI-DAQmx. Unfortunately, there is not upgrade you can do to get the 6008 working in NI-DAQmx.

Krishnakanth...the 6115 will work in DAQmx and therefore will work with the DAQ Assistant. Maybe there was a version at one point where it wasn't supported, but I have DAQmx 7.4 and I know it is supported in that version

StuartG
Message 3 of 7
(3,274 Views)
First of all, thanks to both of you for helping me with this issue. Second, StuartG, do you happen to know how can I make the NI USB-6008 to interact with a program in LabView, with which function or something like that??

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,268 Views)
Hello Logan,

Like Stuart said, you need to use the DAQmx Base driver in order to get it to work with LabVIEW. The link to the driver can be found here:
http://www.ni.com/support/daq/versions_portable.htm#du

Installing the driver will also install LabVIEW examples and a configuration utility.

Take care,
E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,255 Views)
Hello Sir,I couldn't find DAQmx driver for 6115 in the link you have provided. But Stuart sir said that I can use DAQmx with PCI 6115. Can you please help me in this regard?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,133 Views)
Hello Krishnakanth,

The link to the DAQmx driver can be found here.
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,110 Views)