LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Crashing

Im currently using LabView 8 Student Edition with a NI-9215 compact DAQ. After configuring the DAQ assistant the first time, if any other changes are made to it, LabView will crash. Are they any updates for LabView that address this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,793 Views)
Hi There

Can I ask what version of the DAQmx Drivers that you are using as I have not come across a problem with LV 8 student and the 9215 before. It sounds more like a configuration issue. If you tried downloading the latest version of DAQmx this may help.

Hope this is of some use

best regards
Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,777 Views)

I am also having the same problem using LabView 8 Student Edition, NI DAQmx (V8.6), and a USB-6008. Once I configure the DAQ Assistant when building the VI file, I cannot go back into it to change any settings without LabView crashing while attempting to rebuild. It's rather annoying to have to delete the original DAQ Assistant and go through the entire config. process anytime I want to make a change!

I am downloading the latest version of DAQmx and am hopeful it will fix the problem. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,725 Views)
Hi Hiaxis,

Can you detail more about what happens when your LabVIEW crashes? Do you get an error message or an error log when you open LabVIEW after it crashing? Does it crash your whole system? You can check for error logs by following the instructions here.
Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,695 Views)