From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Express Report VI

Where do I find the directions on how to "Customizing Express Report VI?"  All I want to do is to be able to supply the path and file name for the "Report" express VI, the rest of the VI works out good enough for my application.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,421 Views)
You will have to open its front panel and convert it to a regular subVI.  Then you pop open the diagram, find the file path constant and convert it to a control.  Link the control to a terminal on the connector pane and you are ready to go.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young

Message 2 of 4
(2,413 Views)

Kem,

What Bob Y suggests will certainly work. It is not clear from your message whether you want to have the path displayed as a control on your front panel or not. If you simply want to change the current path to another one and it does not have to be displayed on the front panel, you can simply double click on the Report Generation VI and change the path to whatever location you would like.

Kalin T
Application Engineer
National Instruments

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,401 Views)

Kem,

For detailed information on the Report Express VI, open up your block diagram, right-click on the VI and select Help.

Kalin T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,399 Views)