LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Labview Interface

Hello,

any suggestions on how to make this kind of interface for data acquisition module?
It should ask me how many channels I want to select, then what kind od view do I want (waveform/real-time values or RMS values/or both with waveforms and numeric values), and then the interface should split screen into for example 2 sections if I want to have waveform on one side, and numeric value on other side.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,579 Views)

Yes.  Spend the time to learn LabVIEW (by taking at least Basic 1 and 2).  You should then be able to (a) have your program pop up a Dialog Box that asks the "Front Panel Design" questions that you pose, then (b) have your Front Panel show the elements that you chose.  There are several methods of doing this, including having separate sub-VIs for each option (with an appropriately-designed Front Panel) and simply running the sub-VI that's appropriate.

But once you've worked with LabVIEW and understand how it works and what the various (complementary) ways there are of doing things, you'll be able to make an informed decision about what would work best (or better) in your particular situation.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,568 Views)

For dynamic channel selection examples for DAQmx, have a look at the built-in examples in LabVIEW (via Help, Examples, Hardware input/output, DAQmx, Voltage-Continuous Input). Some more advanced examples you can see if you go via the "Create Project" menu, and you select the "Continuous Measurement and Logging (NI-DAQmx)".

Question about the GUI: If you want real flexibility, use subPanels, so you can dynamically load a Front Panel of any subVI. Some links for more details:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D587067E18E0E70186256D44007B91FE

http://www.notatamelion.com/2015/02/02/modularization-its-not-just-for-block-diagrams-any-more/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,567 Views)

Thanks to both of you. What would it be LabVIEW Basic 1 and 2? Where I can find that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,482 Views)

Hi vedran,

www.learnni.com

Or check your user account. Do you have an active SSP?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,480 Views)

I don't have SSP.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,473 Views)

It is called Core 1-2, not "Base".

You do not have licence? Then how do you use LabVIEW? Are you a student? When you installed LabVIEW, where did you get your activation serial from? Students also have the right to access the self learning center on NI.com. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,466 Views)

I am a student, and I have evaluation period to use downloaded LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,437 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,432 Views)