LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom waveform graph

Hi, i'm making a virtual lab for my final exam at university, now i'm on the oscilloscope and i need to make a custom waveform graph to put on my image of an oscilloscope that have the grid make in photoshop. I wanto to know how to make an invisible waveform graph that show only the waveform and if is correct to enlarge the graph area like the fake scope grid or i must make other adjustment. Thanks and sorry for my english 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,309 Views)

Hello Silversky,

Don't worry for your english, I'm pretty sure I understood your concerns. In other words, you are wondering how to have a custom control to show up only the waveform signal and overlap it on a custom image representing an oscilloscope. This is a very challenging cosmetic task at first, however you can get the best form using Custom Controls and achieve your task:

Customizing NI LabVIEW Controls and Indicators

Customizing the Gauge Control in LabVIEW

Moreover. I attached a Type Def showing how to customize a Waveform Graph close to the way your are looking for.

Have a great day and let me know if you need additional help.

Best regards

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,297 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply 🙂 and the example, but i need an invisible control that show only the waveform so i can overlap it on my image, without grid or numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)

You can use the color tool to set the prame and plot area color to transparent.

Edit the Graphs properties to disable vertical and horizontal grids and the code here to display a background image in you plot area (right clic on the graph >> properties >> Sclaes tab >> Grid style and color).

Example_VI_BD.png

Is this what you have in mind?

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,278 Views)