LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom scale in intensity graph

Hi,

I'm plotting a 2D array into an intensity graph with axes depth (y-axis), and phase difference in rads (ranging from 0 to pi) (x-axis). I have used the scale multiplier and got the y axis fine, but I'm wondering if it possible to have the x axis range from 0 to pi, with major ticks being factors of pi, and also have pi displayed as π rather than numerically.

Cheers

Hi Gazebo,

hide the x axis and place a 2D image indicator instead. Then draw anything you like to display in this area!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,820 Views)

It isn't hard to create Phase Marker Values of 0, pi/4, pi/2, 3pi/4, and pi, and to display these with two digits of precision, but it is a little odd having fractions there.  How about displaying degrees instead of radians?  Then you could label the axis "Phase (°)" and put down the numbers 0, 45, 90, 135, and 180.

I read Gerd's reply, but I'm not certain, myself, how I'd make the appropriate Image.  While I could probably figure it out, the two things that I've actually tried, above, are really easy to do, take little "code room" on the Block Diagram, and won't confuse someone reading my code three months from now.  It's too bad we can't use an array of strings as markers (instead of numerics), which would let us Have Our Cake and Eat It, Too.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,789 Views)