From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom error code conflict

How should error code conflicts be resolved?

Imagine that I have installed two VI packages that happen to have overlapping error ranges for their custom errors. How are the overlapping errors resolved?

The LabVIEW help says that this is already the case. The example given is error code 65. However, the help does not give any indication how to resolve this. It links to an empty page in the knowledge base.

Lars Melander
Uppsala Database Laboratory, Uppsala University
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,426 Views)

This link tells you the range of error code that you can use for custom error codes, if you stick to that, the chance you of overlap will be reduced.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,415 Views)

Yes, I know that. That was not my question. My question was: how are conflicts resolved, once they appear?

The LabVIEW help already mentions at least one existing conflict.

Lars Melander
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,404 Views)

Sorry... I think that o resolve such conflicts you need to change one of the two ranges, which means you need to have acces to the code of at least one of them to change the error range you are using.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,402 Views)

When LabVIEW does the lookup, it reports both solutions already.  So I'm not understanding what your issue is.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,390 Views)

OK, I did not know that. Thank you.

Lars Melander
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,388 Views)