LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Probes LabVIEW CLD-R Paper 1 Q 17

Solved!
Go to solution

According to past paper 1 Q 17 for the CLD-R  Custom probes have an input of the type of the wire and an output of Boolean.  I have been creating custom probes and don't understand what they mean by the Boolean output (unless the answer was wrong of course) . Could someone please explain this to me?  Of course it is possible to create a custom proble with a conditional output, but this isn't compulsory.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,245 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barionics

Does the answer include string output also? 

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvhowto/creating_custom_probes/

>> LabVIEW opens a probe that contains a control that is the data type of the wire you right-clicked and a Boolean indicator that acts like a conditional breakpoint. The probe also contains the To Probe String function and a string indicator you can use to configure the value LabVIEW displays in the Value column of the Probe Watch Window. 

Custom probes can use this functionality or not, but you can not delete these outputs, the connector pane should match template.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Interestingly it doesn't mention the string

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,144 Views)

i read several articles & watched a few youtube videos about custom probes with conditional breakpoints. none elaborated on the string. If you create a new probe, (right click wire, custom probe, new, create new probe) .... do not select create a new probe from existing probe .... the new probe front panel will appear. Click window, show block diagram. Tah Dah! the conditional break boolean output, and and probe watch window value string output are shown. This clarifies CLD-R sample exam 1 question 17.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,101 Views)