LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple (100's) of spreadsheet files from continuous data acquisition

Hi All,

I am trying to use the attached VI to create multiple text files from acquired voltage data.  Currently, the VI will record data continuously until stop is pressed and then write the data to a spreadsheet.  However, i have to create 100's of files and average them together, so I want to automate the process in order to create 1 file for each second of run time for a specific number of seconds  (I'm thinking some type of for loop). Attached is also my current attempt at solving this problem.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Best,

Brian

Message Edited by BRox on 08-04-2009 02:11 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Why do you want to create multiple files?  Wouldn't it be better to store as much data as possible in one file?

You may want to check out the TDMS file format and read this article on large data sets: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3625

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,255 Views)

The files are time series which I will interface with MATLAB in order to analyze in the frequency domain.  Therefore I want to average the frequency responses over a large set of experiments.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,249 Views)