LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Interactive Walkthrough for my program

Hi,

Over the last month or so i have built a VI for utilizing an XY stage for various specific uses.

For those who've seen my previous posts and helped me, thank you very much. I have completed all my original planned features, and now i add some more features according to needs + improving UX for future users.

I have been asked if i can make a manual for the program that explains all its features and demonstrate abilities. What i've been asked for is making a pdf with text and screen shots, but i've thought of a better idea - an interactive walkthrough.

I know a lot of websites today have interactive walkthroughs to guide new users through basic usage of their site, or advance users through new features, so i was wondering if there is a way to make one for my VI? did anyone try anything like that?

I know some companies that offer such services/programs that facilitate making walkthroughs for websites (like: whatfix, walkme, stonly, etc...). Is there a program that allow integrating walkthroughs to LV?

Thanks for helping

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,451 Views)

Have you seen any of the LabVIEW Video Tutorials on VIShots.com?  Rather than trying to embed a Video inside a LabVIEW program, it probably is a whole lot easier to embed the LabVIEW Program (i.e. videos of screen interaction and discussions of the "static" images of the Block Diagram) in a Video produced by software such as Camtasia Studio (by Techsmith, makers of SnagIt).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,406 Views)

I stumbled on an easy way to make instructional videos for using programs and best of all it's FREE!

I use ZOOM 

1. Start a new meeting (free accounts get unlimited 1 on1 meetings)
  2. Share your desktop (just the LabVIEW application)
  3. Start recording your meeting
  4. Do your walk-through
  5. Stop the recording
  6. There you go a video on how to use your application.
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 4
(1,371 Views)

@Bob Schor, @RTSLVU

That's a neat idea you are suggesting.

Personally i find interactive walkthroughs more convenient, and easy for users, but since i cant seem to find any it might be the next best thing.

Thanks!

At the moment i will not mark it answered for the slim chance someone will come up with an idea that suits the title of this post.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,345 Views)