LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a WebVI in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm very new to webVIs and I was wondering whether it is, or will be, possible to make a webVI from within the LabVIEW software?  This piece of documentation seems to imply it was possible from within LabVIEW NXG, but I was under the impression that NXG is outdated and its functions were essentially reabsorbed into regular LabVIEW, or at least were going to be?  Is there a way to create webVIs in LabVIEW, or is it only possible through G Web Development Software or the old LabVIEW NXG software?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(816 Views)

I'm not sure I know exactly what you want to do (which is why I'm not making any specific recommendations except the second sentence).  Please Google "LabVIEW Web VI" and see a number of options that are available to do this.  You are in a better position to know if any of them is appropriate for your needs.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veets

Historically WebVIs were created with the Web Module Add-On for LabVIEW NXG. As LabVIEW NXG development was discontinued, the Web Module Add-On was made into a standalone product name G Web Development Software.

Using G Web Development Software is the most up-to-date way to develop WebVIs today. If you are just getting started and trying to see how WebVI support can be added to an existing LabVIEW application I'd recommend going through the How to Build a Web UI for Your LabVIEW-Based Test System presentation.

Milan
Message 3 of 4
(784 Views)

Thank you!  I think my confusion was coming from trying to understand how the different software options related to each other and where NXG's functions were ultimately relocated to.  It's very helpful to know that G Web Development Software is essentially the same as the WebVI part of the NXG software discussed in old articles, and it's cleared up my misunderstanding.  Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(707 Views)