LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Horizontal Thermometer

Does anyone know how to create a horizontal thermometer display for the Front Panel (instead of the vertical one)?  The closest thing I have at the moment is using a horizontal fill slide and changing the color to red.  Is there any better way than this?

Thank you,
Joshua

PS: I'm running LabVIEW 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,669 Views)

A horizontal progress bar would have a bit more of a 3D effect than a fill slide.

(You could even add a decorative red LED to the right for some cosmetic effect 😉 ).

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-19-2007 10:20 PM

Message 2 of 11
(3,669 Views)
Thanks!!!  The 3D effect is what I was looking for.
Joshua
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,633 Views)
Sir, Can I get a VI to sense temperature. Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,276 Views)

@Jay.kothari wrote:
Sir, Can I get a VI to sense temperature. Jay

A VI cannot sense temperature! 😄

You need a VI that interfaces to a temperature sensor (thermocouple, RTD, etc. etc.) via some measurement hardware.

This is typically a simple analog input task.

Do you have more specific information about your experimental setup?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,272 Views)

Sir,

I am an undergrad student and I have decided to implement using LabVIEW all basic engineering course setup that are used in labs. So am collecting VIs for the same. Am aiming to develop an educational tool in the college for prospective students. Please help me on the same

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,265 Views)

Open the example finder (menu...help...find examples) and search for "temperature". There are probably about 40 results.

I am sure several of them are sutable for your requirements. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,262 Views)

Alright.. That helped. Do you have any other VIs too like OP-Amp, Decade Counter, Voltage Regulator, Half Adder, Full Adder, NPN Transistor, FET, MOSFET their forward and reverse characteristics. ?

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,260 Views)

Greetings Jay, I noticed that you wanted to ask altenbach a question. In those cases you can click on his avatar and under "Contact" you will see that there is an option to send a private message or you can create a new thread but, before doing this I highly recommend you to search in the discussion forums for related topics.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,229 Views)

No, I don't have any such VIs, and you are probably asking in the wrong place, because this has nothing to do with the cosmetic problem of creating a thermometer.

I would recommend to start a new thread with a catchy title.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,225 Views)