LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a GUI with visual studio for a Labview code

hi, well i'm creating a labview program for my final year project using ToF technic and i want to create a visual studio GUI for my code, the problem is i'm not sure if it's possible to do, and if it is i couldn't find the how for example to display a plot and a camera from my labview code to my Visual Studio UserInterface ! can anyone who worked in a similar project help me ! thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,476 Views)

Hi Makarov90,

Why do you want to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,443 Views)

you mean why i don't make a GUI with LabView ? well for the graphical quality of my UI i want to create it with VS ! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,439 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,391 Views)

I guess the question is why even use LabVIEW at all, because the UI is such an integral part of it. Once you have a working LabVIEW program, the UI is already included for free. :D. There are plenty of commercial software applications where you would never guess they are entirely done in LabVIEW (e.g. JKI, but there are many others). Do you have very special requirements where you don't think LabVIEW can handle it? Are you just looking for some different "look & feel"?

Of course you could run the LabVIEW program elsewhere (or locally) and use web services to connect to it. Still, seems like a horrible kludge.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,378 Views)

thank you for your help friend Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,374 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,371 Views)

@Makarov90 wrote:

Each subVI can show it's front panel when called and close it afterwards. That's probably all you need.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,363 Views)