From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreateEvent handle

hi all,
i am hoping someone can help..
I am trying to interface with a device. i know how to use the 'createEvent' in c++ but not sure in labview. e.g. how do i setup a handle hEvent = createEvent(security, reset, initial state, name string)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,091 Views)
There won't be any way to do this directly (as far as I'm aware). You will probably need to create some sort of DLL wrapper for it. Make a VI which sends a cluster of the data you mentioned (security, reset, intial state, name string) in LabVIEW data types. Have it send this information to a DLL using Call Library Function Node. In that DLL, use the data sent to create the hEvent object that you are trying to create and then send this to the external application. Hope this helps you out. Best of luck.
J.R. Allen
Message 2 of 4
(4,091 Views)
Hi all, I have the same problem than Gillie and I did not find any answer in the NI forums… I am also trying to interface with a device thanks to the function CreateEvent (kernel32.dll).I also know how to use it in C: #include <windows.h> HANDLE hWinEvent; hWinEvent = CreateEvent(NULL,FALSE,FLASE,NULL); But also not sure in LabVIEW. Please find in attachment my LV program (I use LV8.2) and a print screen of this program (for those who don’t have LV8.2). I hope someone can help me. Thanks. Bravi.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,691 Views)

Hi all,

I finally resolved my problem.

Please find in attachment the solution.

Thanks.

Bravi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,662 Views)