LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create square wave pulse with specific parameters

Hi everybody,

I am new to Labview and this is my first post. I am working on a project of a potentiostat and I already got the hardware working very well, but I have some problems to develop the control software in LabView. What I need to do is to generate an analog signal with the form of a square wave to excitate the potentiostat and generate my measurement (a graph of current vs. potential).

The thing is that the user needs to be able to select the derired parameters of this square wave (the starting  potential, the final potential, the amplitude, the step and the frequency), but I can not figure out how to do it. I did some atempts using the square wave.vi, but I was not able to get exactly what I need. I do not how how can I set the start and final potentials. Other point is that I want to get the measured points only at the end of each direct and reverse pulses, such as the picture I have attached. If someone could help with this would be great. Tips are very welcome!! 

PS: I attached the .lvproj file of what I got. I tried to attach the .vi file  to the post but I got and invalid extension file error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,799 Views)

Right-click the lvproj folder in windows explorer.  Choose Open With->Notepad.

You'll quickly realize why posting the lvproj file doesn't do anything helpful for anyone.  You'll want to wrap things up in a zip and attach that if the vi is giving you a hard time (or try a different browser).

If you're trying to take control over an analog wave, you won't want to be using VIs built to make an easy, yet not as flexible, solution.

The problem you're going to run into is more likely the frequency limitations to doing what you want.  What frequency are you looking at creating?  What range of amplitudes?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,763 Views)

One thing I was figuring out was to find a way to build a vi to generate the square pulse such as I nedd, but I was not able to figure out how to do it.

Basically, I need generate square waves on the potential range from -2.5 to +2.5V, with frequencies ranging from 5 to 100 Hz, amplitudes from 3 to 50 mV and step from 3 to 50 mV ((all these parameters need be selectable by the user). I attached my initial vi, it`s pretty far from what I need, but you may take a look. Any help would be very useful.     

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,750 Views)