cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create installer with source files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have a word search game and i have a dictionary and  the VI create one file with "last scores". I want to creat installer which indclude this files when im setup in another computer without labview. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,166 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blen86

First of all, you need to be using a project.  The project should include any source files and any other files you will want to include in your installer.

Then you create a build specification for an executable.  Once that is built, make a build spec for the installer.  The installer should include any NI compenents you may need to run your program (like the Run-Time Engine).  You can also specify where files will be installed..

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,160 Views)

I created the projet, and now how can i add my txt and etc... to project? Basicly i only see the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,151 Views)

You could just drag the file from Windows Explorer into the project.  Or Right-click on the My Computer and choose Add File.  You can add any type of file to the project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(3,146 Views)

Thank you, i think this will be complicated. Realy thank you for fast reply

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,133 Views)