From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create installer for PDA 8.2

Hi Everyone,

I've developed a PDA 8.2 application that I need to distribute world wide to field technicians for them to install on to PDA's purchased at their locations.

When building a PDA application, the only file that is created is an exe file which will not run on a PDA without the Labview support files installed. Is there a way to create a full installer that will install all files required to run a PDA application including all of the Labview application files? This functionality exists for PC applications.

Thanks,
John.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,332 Views)
John:

The LabVIEW PDA Module only create executables, it cannot create installers. PDA executables and support files are simply files to be transferred to the PDA and do not need to be registered with the OS, thus any installer that can transfer the file in the right directory structure should suffice. No installer applications have officially been tested with the PDA Module, however you may try out a free program called EzSetup. It is a free utility designed to create installation applications for the PocketPC. You may also want to take a look at this knowledgebase, which highlights how to develop and deploy application for Pocket PCs. I hope this helps and please let me know if I can help further.

Regards,

Rudi N
Message 2 of 5
(8,286 Views)
Thanks Rudi. I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,
John.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,269 Views)
John:

Please let me know what you find afterwards.
Best Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,257 Views)
Hi Rudi,

I just wanted to get back to you and let you know that my work priorities have been changed and I haven't had time to investigate this further. I hopefully will get to it in the next few months.

I'll let you know the results as soon as I can get to it.

Thanks again,
John.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,928 Views)