From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create folder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

My task is simple, but i couldn't get this.

Here is my task

Create a folder "XXX" under the following directory path : "E:\AAA\BBB".

NOTE : Directories 'AAA' and 'BBB' are not available on computer. Those two should be created during runtime by using 'BUILD PATH' function.

I used 'CREATE FOLDER' function with the appropriate path as file input, but I got error --> Unable to create folder since the folder (BBB) not exists / you may have deleted or moved that folder to some other path. Eventually since I am using BUILD PATH, there is no way either to delete or move that folder.

I have already tried this before few months back and got this done. But I couldn't follow up what I did earlier.

So, please let me know how to get this done.

Questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Sriram Iyer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,070 Views)

Which LabVIEW version do you use ? In LV2009, Create Folder generates the full structure of directories.

With previous versions, Create Dir if Non-Existant from OpenG is your friend !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,056 Views)

Create folder is available in earlier version as well. I can confirm for 8.0

19605i96691AB4CFBB9B3A

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,042 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sriram_Iyer

Thanks. It works. But to create nested directory structure, we have to use build path function and strip that duplicate path to create folder function. Then it will create 'n' number of folders on any directory.

Message 4 of 4
(9,036 Views)