LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a program that uses a DB to be shared

I made a small example, but its not working, and I was wondering if you could please check it out.

I am using access 2016 and LV2016.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(644 Views)

Do you get an error?  What does it say?

I'm going to assume that you do get an error, something about wrong datatype.  If so, you need to cluster your data, not convert it to an array.  An array is not a valid datatype for writing to a dB.  Read the help file for the DB Insert Data VI and look at the entry for the data input.  It explains how the function interprets the clustered data, depending on the number of columns and if you have a columns input wired up.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(640 Views)

I am getting no error, it just doesn't save anything.

How should I write multiple values to db?

Please take a look at the VI.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(638 Views)

How would I do this, with mdb 2003?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(629 Views)

Someone please help!

I really need to finish this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(623 Views)

Don't be pushy.  We all have jobs.  Smiley Wink

Create a text file on your desktop and rename it to test.udl.  Double click the UDL and configure a connection using the proper OLEDB driver (your VI says you are using Jet.OLEDB), point it to your dB file and test the connection.  Does this work?  If so, edit the UDL file with a text editor and post what you see in the file.  You should see something like this:

[oledb]
; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False; Data Source=MS Access Database

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(619 Views)

It says: ensure it is a valid data link file.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(610 Views)

You are going to have to be more descriptive.  Did you test the connection?  Do you get a successful connection?  Take a screenshot of the Provider and Connection tabs.  I need to see what OLE drivers are installed.  Do you have Jet or Ace driver installed?  If not, you will need to go download one of the other.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(608 Views)

Connection succeeded, but still can't store data in db.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(602 Views)

I found the labview has version 4, but I need version 12.

I was also wondering if its possible to use the udl you told me to create, and that established connection, instead of a connection string?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(587 Views)