LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a message window that closes itself.

I'm writing an application that does alot of background work. I wan't to notify the user that the work is in progress therfore I've created a message window that has only a message on it and the block diagram consists only of a "wait for FP activity" vi. I load this message dynamically and run it with an invoke node, once my application has finished its work, it runs "generate FP activity" with a reference to the messages FP, to terminate the message window. For some reason this does'nt work. First of all, if I dont check the vi property "show FP when loaded" then the message never shows. Secondly, if I do check the "show FP when loaded" property then when the application ends, the message FP is still displayed on
the screen. Thirdly, even when the application terminates the message box vi seems to go on running. Does anyone have any idea why? I've enclosed some sample code.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,427 Views)
Hi,

1. Name of your message window is Load_message.vi
In main vi you call to to "Load message.vi" without underline.
2. In your main vi, you need add property node FP.Open, that in sequence 0 set it to True and in sequence 2 set it to False. Put it before invoke node Run.

I think this will help you.

Nadav Chernin

nchernin@chiaro.com
Message 2 of 3
(2,427 Views)
Here's code that I use for just that function--with a few enhancements.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)