From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ZIP and add files to ZIP

After saving five images into my test directory I would like to make a vi that will create a ZIP and add the five image files to the ZIP. I have no problem creating a ZIP, but the add file to ZIP vi has an input "destination path in zip", and I'm struggling with this for some reason, and am struggling to find examples online. Why do I need to have a destination path in the ZIP, but if I try and put a name it doesn't create a folder just an unnamed file type in the ZIP.

Thanks in advance for any help.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,334 Views)

Hi Jimbpbaggies. 

The "destination path" points to how you'd like to add files/folders to the .zip file. 
If you wish to have an example I can recommend the "create zip file.vi" built-in example within LabVIEW

Andreas_OP_0-1599559299116.png 

Best of Luck

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,271 Views)

Thanks for your response... it took a little while for me to work it out, but the "destination path" part that got me all confused... here is my working solution.

Untitled.png

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
Message 3 of 3
(2,268 Views)