From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Class Search

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI that does a search and returns me a value. I need to create, from this VI, a generic search class for me to call throughout the program. How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rafael.assis16

Can you explain what you mean by a "generic search class"?

Attached is a cleaner version of your VI that gets rid of the unneeded local variables and sequence structure.

Message 2 of 6
(2,011 Views)

How are you holding your classes and the lookup strings?

Just looking at that VI, it seems like it is WAY more complicated than it needs to be.  With proper data flow, 95% of your terminals and local variables as well as the Sequence Structure could be eliminated and we could probably reduce it down to easily a single screen.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(2,010 Views)

From this search VI I will need to implement in several points of my program where I will look for any variable and return its value, so this VI was done. So the need to do a generic VI and implement in a class. I'm new to labview, if you have better alternatives you can tell me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,966 Views)

Actually VI is a little "dirty", but I'm new to labview and I'm still learning the techniques needed to make a VI look "clean".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,965 Views)

I'm going to close because I got some internal help here at work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,944 Views)