From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes when using array of string in "write TDMS"

Hi!

I'm trying to write a variety of data types to a TDMS file. I want the data to be in the same group but different channels. This works fine using numbers, so i can write 2 samples in 7 different channels with unique channel names for instance, as shown in the example here. But if I try to write 2 samples in 2 channels when the data type i sting I get a broken wire. I can't have a string array as data input and a string array as channel names, is this normal ? Furthermore, if I don't input any channel names and just input the array of strings as data (as shown here) Labview crashes. Am I doing something wrong here ?

tdms_crash.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(537 Views)

Hi krissven,

@krissven wrote:

Furthermore, if I don't input any channel names and just input the array of strings as data (as shown here) Labview crashes. Am I doing something wrong here ?

When I wire a VI the same as you showed in that image then LabVIEW (2021) doesn't crash!

Instead it gives a warning (-2533), but not an error.

Did you read that warning? Did you read the explanation of that warning?

Did you follow the suggestion given in that explanation?

General suggestion: implement error handling in your VI! Then you could easily recognize such errors and warnings!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(491 Views)