LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash log storage location for EXEs

Hi,

I know that when a VI crashes with a LabVIEW internal error in the Windows development environment, a log file is generated and stored in LabVIEW Data\lvfailurelog.

I had an internal error crash recently in an EXE running under LabVIEW Run-Time without the development environment installed on the computer, and I am having trouble finding the location of the log file. I tried a search for .lvlog, and found nothing. Has anyone seen a log file from an internal error crash under LabVIEW Run-Time? If so, where was it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,119 Views)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2FF01AD2F6A02ABD862578D40053FCC7

You'll see number 4 is all about error reporting in built applications. It seems the application should produce a log, assuming the crash is caught. It should save a log (if one was created) in the user's LabVIEW Data directory which by default is here C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\LabVIEW Data.

This directory location can be changed manually, but most users keep this location. If the folder does not exist here and you can't find a log folder with a search, it's likely the failure was unable to be caught or logged.

I know from experience that crashes in the development environment can occur without a log. It seems likely that failures in the runtime environment can fail in a similar fashion.

James

Message 2 of 2
(4,088 Views)