cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Error in PWM VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I had a pretty simple question reagrding an error message that comes up when I try to run a PWM program.

Basically, I am using an NI 6211 I/O device, and I have used the DAQ assistant to configure a counter pulse output in the Ctr0 channel.  I try wiring the DAQ assistant express VI to a DAQmx Create Channel (CO Pulse Freq) VI by attaching to the "task in" input.

However I have a broken run arrow and the error message reads "SubVI 'DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi' required input 'counter'...The designer of this subVI has specified that this terminal must be wired."  In other words, it wants to me to wire my physical I/O channel to the 'counter' input rather than the 'task in'.  However I do not see any outputs from the DAQ Assistant that are not task-oriented.

Any suggestions?

- T

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thimz

The DAQ Assistant creates the task for you; there should be no need to use Create Channel.  Alternatively you can remove the DAQ Assistant entirely and do the work yourself.  You can look at the code the Assistant creates by opening its front panel (right-click on the VI).

Message 2 of 2
(2,305 Views)