From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count number of rising edges in 1D array

Solved!
Go to solution
I would look at using an open loop op amp configured as a comparator with a settable trip point. Because the op amp is open loop its output will either be fully on or fully off.

By the way, how much do you know about hardware? How much are you willing to learn?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,521 Views)

@johnsold

I noticed that your VI accepts a simulated signal. But my analog channel basically gives out a 1D array devoid of a "time" parameter. Will your solution work in the absence of that parameter?

Thanks.

Prafulla.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,513 Views)

@mikeporter

I am only a couple of months old in automation/data acquisiton.

I would love to learn, but I need to finish this job within a week from now.

Prafulla.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,510 Views)
I would say then that you need to find a "hardware guy" to work with.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,497 Views)
Click on the polymorphic selector below the read function and see if you can select 1D Waveform. This will return the timing information. Move the timing function to outside the loop. No sense doing the configuration in the loop.
Message 15 of 19
(1,491 Views)

@Dennis

I am using another row from the same signal for different measurements like pressure, flow, etc.

I mentioned it before...my DAQ doesn't support reading different channels independently, so I have to take a single read and split the N Channel waveform into individual arrays. That's what's taking away the time signal.

The rest of the code is not necessary, so I didnt include it in the picture, but there are other measurements connected to that double orange line, each one is an individual 1D array.

The reason why I put the timing VI inside the while loop is because that way the measurements are realtime, instead of being otherwise unsynchronised. I don't know if I'm right in doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,476 Views)

If the DAQ VIs can not be configured to return the waveform data type, you can use Build Waveform and insert the timing information as dt.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,468 Views)
Your reason for putting the timing function inside the loop is just silly. You are losing the timing information because you have selected the wrong type of read. Did you even try what I suggested? It had absolutely nothing to do with acquiring multiple channels.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,463 Views)

@Dennis

Oh, sorry I misread your comment, i thought you were suggesting I take 1chan waveform.

I tried that and now it does show the thick brown DBL waveform line. It works. Thanks and apologize for the mistake..

Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,450 Views)