LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy selected text to clipboard

Hello, I'm developing an application where I need to retrieve text from the browser using keyboard and mouse automation. My problem is that the text won't go to clipboard using Ctrl+C if the VI where the browser is placed was called by another VI which is the case of my application.

Obs: If I use the right click I can retrieve the text using Copy Data however this process can make the application unreliable.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Erick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,806 Views)

seems to work for me...

Select text, press Ctrl+C, it shows in clipboard string indicator

Clipboard.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,782 Views)

Hello, Alexander_Sobolev. That also worked for me, the problem is how you start this Untitled 1 VI, when I call it by another VI using Call By Reference or Asynchronous Call By Reference, the command Ctrl+C doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,775 Views)

Calling subVI by reference with .net webcontainer updates clipboard everywhere. System clipboard is a very global variable =).

It is possible to discard buttons presses in LabVIEW,  or some web-sites like to block Ctrl+C and copying.

Do you change focus from web container to some part of VI, then press ctrl+C? Then web page text selection is still highlighting, but ctrl+C will not see this selection.

web Clipboard with caller.png

Download All
Message 4 of 5
(3,714 Views)

I use another browser instance in the other VI, but I can't copy even the data written in controls, luckily as the browser is an activeX instance, I had access to the right click menu, so my solution was to generate a right button click, pressed two times DOWN key to highlight "Copy" and pressed ENTER. It solved my problem but this strategy won't work on other controls.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,697 Views)